Wednesday 17 September 2008

Its the end of the world as we know it; and I feel fine...

I wanted to post this last week (based on the fear of CERN -lolz) but got distracted by coming home earlier than I thought I was.

Anyway, I am now back in Sheffield for the foreseeable future which is ace especially as I haven't got much to do! The mass spec is brokena nd Mike is away so I only have a piddley report to write up for work and I am currently at Karen's house being sneaky and quiet.

I am looking forward to going home on Saturday to see my parents and JB and especially to go to the ice hockey as its been a very long off season! Although we are likely to get thumped by Belfast (twice) I shall still get to see Big Mac and Verner. Kazz is at school at the moment and is enjoying it more this week which is great. She submitted her PGCE application last night so I am hoping and praying that that goes well for her. I am sure it will though.

I really want to get out and take some photos but the weather has been incredibly boring which doesn't fuel my desire to leave the house as grey skies aren't fun.

We had a nice weekend not really doing anything but are definitely looking forward to going to Opal on Friday for a bit of a party and meeting up with the biology crew tonight for a drink. I can't wait for term to start again I am more than ready to get back to lectures and labs etc.

I have now decided I want a Bigma for Africa because its fun to say and its a whopping 500mm lens!!! Things are definitely moving forward with this too, were getting more info and should hopefully make a decision and book it soon.

I am exc9ited about the coming year, Im looking forward to working (I won't be saying that in a few weeks though)but most of all to be back with everyone going out and mucking around again.

No comments: