Tuesday 9 September 2008

You electrify my life, let's conspire to re-ignite all the souls that would die just to feel alive...

Its been a hectic week! After Karen's little mishap missing her flight due to the field centre messing up her connection I met her Dad and we drove down to Heathrow which was a lot less awkward than I thought it would be. It was really interesting hearing about Kuwait and Saudi from his and ultimately a business point of view.

Anyhoo I digress; we had a very expensive meal in a very expensive hotel which was booked on the cheap. =P Then slept until the ungodly hour of 6am when we went to pick up my muffin. She sauntered out of arrivals and was amused when I accused her of being late and then horrified when I told her that her mum had put me on the insurance to drive up to the lakes that night.

We managed to get back to Preston in around about 4 hours which was impressive. Karen slept for most of the afternoon and we eventually got out to the lakes in the evening after I nearly crashed in my first time in the clio, that was fun. The next day it started to rain and then proceeded to do so for the entire week. We managed to get out a few times for walks and I hopefully have some good shots from the estuary and up at High Dam where my lovely new ND filter got its first run out.

After much hugging and bacon eating on my part we went home on the Friday afternoon and had a lovely meal out and went to dog class where I attempted to take photos using my MF 50mm which was challenging but a few shots have come out.

Got the train back to Sheffield late Saturday afternoon and chilled out on the evening. I eventually planned for Boulders on Sunday which went well with our new kids but challenging in that we have a fair few noisey little boys! However we shall persevere and we have a new victim (leader) potentially as Harriet from my cell group answered my plea for help. Its going to be a good year.

Today I had a good day at work, I found out not only was I doing things right but that I will get to spend the last week of work in Sheffield in labs rather than up in York which is great as I like being in labs. But mostly because I get to spend a whole week with Karen. Hopefully it will be the first of many where I am in a lab and she is in a school. =)

I can't wait until term starts again to see everyone and go out lots again! And also to work, I really need to get down to starting my project.

No comments: