Sunday 5 October 2008

Did you whisper in my ear, the things you want to hear...

Gah my laptop is annoying. Media player keeps dieing and I am rather desperate to actually hear some music rather than me tapping at the keyboard for a change. Sadly Karen's laptop died again but Dell have "graciously" agreed to fix it. Although they took their time about it, harumph.

Today was fairly up and down, Church was awesome, really great morning. I love to see the kids enjoying themselves. I really need to put in more time and thought with my planning because Martin's was genuinely top notch. Hockey was rather boring though, whilst a good work out, its clear that this season won't happen easily. Its going to be a struggle to be heard and whilst were clearly not the most important people in the club it'd be nice to have a bit more recognition, especially when you put in so much effort sorting things out and to then have them ignored.

Karen is really bored and it sucks that I couldn't be there to cheer her up because of trying to get my project done. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and she will enjoy looking at moorhen stuff. I really want her to enjoy her project even if her supervisor seems like a pain. Hopefully I shall be meeting Prof Butlin on Tuesday to talk about my winkles. I may even have a look at some papers beforehand!

My field course write up is going OK, I am fairly close to having a first draft done and then go over it all this week. Organisation is going to be tough this year as I have a lot to do between, Church, Work, Hockey and a social life! I'll try my best though.

We had a fun day on Saturday, we woke up late, went into town and pottered about and then went to Opal just to see Dazi, Ria and Chris who we hadn't seen for a week. We eventually left just after half 11 at night, having vaguely watched the Flintstones and Core and properly watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire which was entertaining. We also ate pizza so I feel fat this week, I may go to the gym tomorrow to row once Karen has gone off Moorhen spotting.

I am just about to edit some photos and send them to my first "client" a kayaker who I was shooting last weekend. Client is totally the wrong word as I was shooting whatever and she would like the photos. But I may someday have clients!

We have decided not to go to Southern Africa this Summer as it would be far too expensive (at least 2k) which is more than we can afford. However we are thinking of trying Morocco or Tunisia which will be very different! I am very much looking forward to it. We shall not only take some cool photos because we are good photographers, but we shall have an awesome time together which is the most important thing to me. I genuinely want to take in everything, even if we only went to the Lakes for a week I would try to get out from behind the lens more!

Anyway (not hoo!) I shall go and edit my photos.

1 comment:

Brak3n said...

Kenya/Tanzania is East Africa, not southern =P