Monday 5 January 2009

I like you so much better when you're naked...

My first post of 2009 and start of the second calender year of blogging. How exciting!

I am now back in Sheffield and attempting to hurry on with my project and do some of that pesky revision, whilst trying to keep in constant contact with Karen, run a Sunday school and advance my photography. At least I have enough to keep busy.

The past two weeks have been great, really relaxing and I don't feel like I am too far behind with work either. I spent a few days at home when Karen came to visit and we did the typical studenty things, slept lots, ate lots, played on the wii and went to a garden centre (=S). Then we drove all the way to Preston to spend New Year's Eve there. It was a stark contrast to last year, when we spent it with some drunk Australians on the Charle's bridge in Prague! But by staying in we got to keep warm and watch lots of Planet Earth, which I think is Karen's best Christmas present if I don't say so myself. =P

On the 30th we met up with Karen's girl friends from School which was less nerve wracking than I made out to be. We had tapas and the food was good if not a bit expensive. I now officially have to say I like Chinese as much of this food was consumed on the 2nd but it was tasty tasty and I felt very stuffed afterwards! Kazz and I took Chippa to the beach for a run and I got to play with the faster frame rate on my D300 which is going to be so useful for sport once I get the hang of the autofocus system. I have taken just over 900 photos in two weeks which I am rather impressed (shocked!) with. Sadly this rate of photographising will diminish due to revision but I have two weeks after exams with only my viva thing to worry about so I will be making the most of getting out and getting more practice!

Karen has her PGCE interview tomorrow which is both exciting and scary. I am really very proud of her for being confident enough to do it! Seeing how keen she is to succeed and how much enjoyment it brings is great. I am going to write my prayer diary now and head over for some final interview prep. =D

No comments: