Thursday 19 March 2009

Nobody plans to be half a world away at times like these, so I sat alone and waited out the night...

I think I have blogger's block! Having made it to the magic 100 posts last week, my attention span has dwindled slightly. I shall hopefully be able to pick up in the near future to chronicle my trials and tribulations as I finish my undergraduate degree here at Sheffield.

I had a really good weekend at home, I took some pretty good photos of JB in action for his last game for DCHC which was enjoyable. I really like it when people like my photos. I sometimes have a sneak around facebook and see who's using photos I've taken as profile pictures and its occasionally rewarding. I'd love to turn my serious hobby into a little money earner one day. Maybe I'll get my chance, however as long as I am still enjoying taking photos I don't mind.

I am still in limbo regarding what challenges, both academic (hopefully!) and photographic, await next year. I am really liking the idea of a masters course I think as it will give me more experience, some more letters after my name, and a bit more of an insight into academia, which is where I would really like to stay. Whilst I'd have a hard time turning down a PhD offer from Oxford I'd have to have a serious think about what I really want to do, and equally importantly what's best for Karen and I.

I am scared of what happens if M has to bail on K and T, as its another thing that we really couldn't do with at the moment. Its very difficult to feel that there is a direction for any of us to go in at times like these but perseverence is key and new opportunities are worthwhile. I think I would like to end up in Nottingham as it'd be a whole lot easier for staying in close contact with Karen plus having C and J there would probably help me settle in to a new place.

My weight has decided to climb again, silly not being able to eat what I want. I shall go to the gym tomorrow and have an intense cardio session, maybe even 20 mins of running and biking! I want to get some weights I think, as Karen likes my arms when they are a bit more toned. Maybe I should buy something really heavy to lug about with me, such as a massive diamond ring, or a camera lens, or a dog!

One day Bertolli and fear of bears shall be shared...

No comments: