Wednesday 11 March 2009

Windmill, windmill for the land, love forever hand in hand...

Today has been a good day, despite not getting marked up (or down!) for any of my work in the autumn semester I have enjoyed myself.

A nice lie in (I really need an automatic blind opener device) and BMS lecture set me up perfectly for the day. I did a bit more of my Edinburgh and Nottingham applications before meeting Karen for a lunch based rendezvous. We had tasty food in City View, which I am really going to miss next year, and then bought biology ball tickets. This year its in the Winter Gardens so hopefully it will be amazing, I'm really looking forward to it! Hopefully everyone important will get a ticket.

We went and worked in the library this afternoon which was surprisingly productive, I even took a book out! Its really strange wandering around the totally silent, dark and musty stacks of books in the oldy worldy setting of the library compared to the noisey, light and pleasent smelling shelves in the IC. In a way I much prefer the library as it reminds me of a time when education wasn't controlled by the internet and everything was done by print. Whilst I don't ever want to have to any work like that (a PhD thesis would be killer!), its still a vaguely nostaglic thought. If I get into Oxford then I look forward to having a rustic and characterful library to nose around and pretend to be Harry Potter in!

Tonight I cooked an amazing tea - rich creamy cheese tomatoey sauce with sausage chunks, onions and peppers with pasta. Super super tasty! I have been getting on with my dissertation which is by far and away more exciting than either of my courseworks. I even ordered a book online!

Now I am off to Karens to deliver some pineapple juice and passata in exchange for a cuddle! =P

PS This is my 100th blog post! Hurrah! ^_^

No comments: