Sunday 29 March 2009

Talk, talking a lot, but it's still talk, gotta love how it's somehow all on me...

Today is Sunday and I am recovering from a hectic weekend.

On Friday it was Karen's birthday and she loved her present even though it didn't look all that impressive! It's a convenient excuse to have to come and see her that weekend which is perfect :~). We went for a walk in the peak district, from Hathersage up to Stanage Edge and down to Lodge Moor. It was a great walk, not as pretty as in the snow, but we did have hail and it only took us three hours compared to six the previous time. I took numerous photos, mostly HDR's to get the clouds and shall hopefully find some time to reinstall paintshop pro and edit them. That evening we had various alcoholic products and played pictionary whilst eating cake. Truly a winning combination! Karen, Chris and I won which was fun although had we played once the bottle of red wine had taken its toll on Chris it may have been a different story. Whilst not everyone came for a variety of excuses I still had a great time! In fact the only person I felt that was missing was Tom who was ill unfortunately. Yesterday I worked when I eventually got home and then watched Ghostworld at Karen's, truly a WEIRD film. It didn't really end. I still don't understand why it was called Ghostworld even after reading IMBD and Wiki today.

Church was good, I think we really got through to some of the kids this morning and playing I went to the shops and bought... was hilarious. I am hopefully going to the Easter party to take photos on Friday which shall be another fun little project for me (as if I don't have enough to do =P). I spoke to Dan and Ellen about my predicament regarding next year and they were really supportive and helpful. They heavly suggested going for PhD's which is positive in that they know its still possible to get them this year but confusing as I think I still want to do a masters so I have a bit more time to plan a PhD application session! I suppose that there is no time like the present and just going for it may be what is meant to happen.

This afternoon I tried to read some books about my dissertation stuff but nearly fell asleep then I made an amazing omelette with bacon, peppers and onion. This evening I got distracted by watching the updates on the ice hockey, which was suitably nail biting and disappointing in equal measures. At least next weekend I get to enjoy the hockey without the stress of caring who wins (apart from the Steelers =P). I think I shall be welsh and support Cardiff as everybody loves an underdog.

I am looking forward to Easter as a break from being in Sheffield which is associated with work and a tinge of disappointment. The Lake district is always fun whatever the weather, Karen and I always keep ourselves amused. Then I get to spend time at home for a week which will be much needed, I like being cooked for, and I shall hopefully get cracking on my dissertation. Then I shall come back to Sheffield and get some work done before my final term starts. Maybe by then I will know a bit more about what is happening next year...

No comments: