Sunday 10 May 2009

And I'm racking my brain for a new improved way to let you know your more to me than what I know how to say...

It has been forever since I blogged and a lot has happened in the past few days. I got rejected by Oxford last Saturday meaning I am off to Nottingham next year to do and MRes. I went to meet my supervisor and find out a bit more of what I was going to be doing. I had a really good time, it was a beautiful day and the snails were a lot cooler than Littorina =P. I think I want to work on why snails show handedness or the evolution of chirality which will require a lot of reading this summer! I managed to have a look in the city centre due to a bus stop based mishap, which wasn't a bad thing!

I found out I was got an award for my contribution to the hockey club on Wednesday which was really humbling as I don't really think I did much! I was only enhancing my own portfolio. =P

This week has been coursework and dissertation which are almost finished bar redrafting and final editing. I'm so pleased that the majority of the work is over so I can get down to revision as I'm not feeling too confident about my BMS stuff.

Karen and I have been finalising our trip to Morocco and have booked trains to and from Heathrow and a hotel for when we get back with a giant buffet breakfast which will be AWESOME. I really like breakfast. I'm really excited about going now, I can't wait to experience all these new things with Karen and I hope to take some good photos with my new lens (Sigma 10-20) which is an early birthday present from my parents. I hope the weather is good tomorrow so I can have a play with it. Karen is thinking about getting a new compact camera which is exciting because new toys always are! There is however one tiny snag; there are a million compact cameras to choose between and none of them are perfect.

In other news Jiri Hudler has just scored a very skillful/lucky (delete as appropriate) goal to give the Wings a 2-0 lead against the Ducks in the Western Conference semi finals.

I hope to have my dissertation sorted by this weekend and handed in on Monday and then panic revision can ramp up in earnest. I also want to cook tasty tasty Simon potato's for Karen to follow up the amazing pasta bake I cooked last night!

No comments: