Tuesday 29 July 2008

On a cold winter morning, in the time before the light...

I had a great weekend at home with Karen, we had fun in Durham and took photos of the Cathedral in the day and the dusk. I love being there with her.

We had pizza express pizzas on Saturday night then went into town and took shots of the Cathedral then we went to pick up my parents from a wedding reception which we kind of gate crashed. That was hilarious, it was really nice to spend the time just myself, Karen and my folks in a rather different environment to Nandos. =P

We had lunch at the Slug and Lettuce on Sunday which was great! The food was really nice although we all had to change our orders (some twice!) as they were low on food. Between the five of us we managed all 6 of the desserts on the menu, I was very proud.

I had an interview for the clearing helpline on Monday which seemed to go OK, hopefully I didn't come across as anything bad and get offered the job as that would be ideal for spending the week with Karen before she goes to Borneo.

I am really going to miss her and its hard not to be sad when she talks about it. I really hope I am being supportive.

Work has been a bit frustrating today. My valves weren't closing properly so the turf was taking ages to cool. It took a few phone calls to Mike but eventually it got sorted. I've even put my samples in the liquid nitrogen too. How exciting!

No comments: